
Max "The Boo" Zedd
1991 - Thursday, September 13th, 2007
Beloved hairy little kid of Joseph "Daddy" Channell
You will be missed but never forgotten. I look forward to the day we are reunited.
On Thursday, September 13th, 2007, Max was, with his head cradled in my hands, sent to his final peace. As the needle was inserted into his left rear leg he made no motion nor even appeared to know it was there. As the content of the syringe was slowly administered, he lay his head down on my legs as I sat crosslegged on the floor by him. He blinked several times, I stroked and kissed him as he went to sleep for the last time. He went quickly and quietly into his final rest. After he was gone, I caught him up in my arms and held him and caressed his peaceful face. He was more than a dog, he was my friend and comfort and now that he is gone, my sore trial. I am blessed to have known him and loved him and been loved by him as long as I have. The sun will grow cold and the last stars, weary, will fade and die, but the fire that is my love for him will continue to burn. God keep you friend, until we meet again. - Joe

3 comments:
OH-Joe I am so sorry for your lost! I love him also & he was such a good dog. I really enjoyed our walks & the week he stayed w/ us. It was good that he went from his body while you were holding him.You did the right thing He is w/ you & your family always! We love you Channell family. Know that you are in my prayers.
Your Sister,
Cindi
Awwwwww!!!! I remember him! My love!!
JOE, I'M SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS OF MAX. I KNOW YOU LOVED HIM. YOU GAVE HIM A GOOD HOME AND TOOK GOOD CARE OF HIM. HE IS NOT SUFFERING NOW.
LOVE YOU, GRANDMA
Post a Comment